Sunday 8 July 2012

Rezzed 2012

On Friday, for a trip out, I went to Rezzed, a computer games show in Brighton.


Despite being billed as an "Indie" games show, the vast majority of the PC's were for big name publishers, SEGA for example. Amongst the new games being shown were Borderlands 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines, and lots of other FPS's too boring to mention (I'm a 3rd person RPG man, myself). I played a strategy game called Prison Architect where my first task was to build Death Row (seriously, this is a game). I also had a go at a game called Krater, a proper RPG I have now bought, but seem unable to run on my PC properly.

I attended a demo of Total War: Rome 2, developed by local game subsidiary of SEGA, The Creative Assembly. It's pretty astounding stuff, technically, but I think they are in something of a rut creatively (what are the odds that the next game will be Medieval Total War 3?).

It lashed it down most of the day, so I was glad to be inside, but I got a free T-Shirt, loads of flyers. Brighton seems to be something of a centre for game development, not so much a silicon roundabout as a silicon seafront. But you know what Britain is like: we don't really do industry, we just pretend to and try to rip people off.

No comments:

Post a Comment